These are the mandates and armor pieces that God is communicating to us as His warriors broken into two parts – because there is a lot
- Our first command or mandate is to be strong in the Lord and HIS mighty power. We need to realize that we have no power on our, it all comes from the Lord. We become strong in by clinging to the cross and Jesus’ teaching.
- Next we have to put it on – it isn’t gonna jump on us on its own. NO we have to pick up each piece and put it on with purpose and we must put it on correctly! And we are to stand, against the devil’s schemes. Like a pillar, a standard against the devil. Built upon the Lord, he is our cornerstone on which we have based our faith.
- We then realize that we aren’t fighting people, we are fighting the defeated devil behind them. Rulers, authorities, powers of this dark world, and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms – these are our foes.
- Reiteration of putting the armor ON is next. He tells us why – so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ok, what is he telling us?
1) The day of evil is coming. Not if or maybe but when. He has given us the armor so that when it comes we are ready.
2) Not just ready but we are able to stand our ground. I’ve watched many movie fights, epic battle sequences, and read about many battles. In all of these, one thing I have noticed is that we are least vulnerable when we are standing. (Not to say that we still don’t have weak/blind spots but the chances of being attacked in those spots are less likely) when we are standing, our legs and arms are free to move out. Our eyes and ears are alert. But when we are kneeling or squatting or lying down we are much more vulnerable. In fighting this position is called the submissive position – I don’t wanna be submissive to the devil. SO God wants us to stand
3) And after we have fought and done everything (everything we have been told to do, everything we know to do, or have the energy to do – the least he wants us to do is to keep standing. Whilst standing we can still pray and be alert. We may be too tired to offensively fight, but our defenses are better than ever.
Next is another reiteration of standing! Third time! Like we’re thickheaded or something 😉